The School of Music encourages its postgraduates to attend conferences
The School of Music will provide one-off funding of up to $740 in addition to research funding to cover conference travel and attendance costs when the candidate is presenting a paper.
Funding is not an automatic entitlement, and is subject to the following constraints:
- Applications must demonstrate a clear research benefit to the student, and have the support of the supervisor.
- Funding will be provided only after conference organisers have accepted the proposed paper for presentation.
- Funds will be provided only if a student has applied for other University funding for attendance from the Graduate Research School.
- Evidence should be supplied of the costs that are to be funded, in advance for airfares (quotations), and with receipts upon return.
- All air travel funded by the University or the School must be booked through one of the University’s preferred suppliers: Tertiary Travel or Campus Travel via Trobexis. The Administration Officer will book your travel for you. Please ensure that you apply early for travel funding, as the necessary approvals may take several months.